Welcome to Westbird Animal Hospital Your Veterinarian in Miami, Florida
New office hours: closed on Saturday and Sunday. Please give us a call.
Westbird Animal Hospital in Miami, FL is an AAHA Accredited Hospital that offers complete service to companion animals. It is our mission to provide quality veterinary care throughout the life of your pet. Our services and facilities are designed to assist in routine preventive care for young, healthy pets; early detection and treatment of disease as your pet ages; and complete medical and surgical care, as necessary, during his or her lifetime.
We understand the special role your pet plays in your family and we are committed to becoming your partner in your pet's health care. We treat your pet as we would our own, like family. Our goal is to practice the highest quality medicine and surgery with compassion and an emphasis on client education. Our entire healthcare team is committed to providing personal attention to the unique concerns of each individual pet owner.
On our site, you will find information about our practice philosophy, our services, helpful forms to assist you and an extensive Pet Medical Library for you to search for additional pet health care information.
Thank you for taking the time to read about our veterinary practice and the services we offer. We welcome your comments and suggestions.
Please contact us for all your pet health care needs.
Dr. Lisardo Martinez, Jr. Miami, Veterinarian | Westbird Animal Hospital | 305-221-3105
Dr. Carlos Smith Miami, Veterinarian
11439 SW 40 Street Miami, Fl 33165
OUR ONLINE STORE IS A GREAT WAY TO ORDER YOUR PETS PRESCRIPTIONS AND SUPPLIES, TO BE DELIVERED DIRECTLY TO YOUR HOME.
Coronavirus (COVID‑19) Our clinic remained open during the pandemic and continues ready to help you and your pet(s) with all your veterinary needs. COVID-19 only emphasized that our clinic is "essential" to our community. Our clinic has always had its main objective to keep both you and your pet as healthy as possible. While we did add some modifications to minimize personal contact during the pandemic, as well as abide by mask mandates, as required by law, we are still conscientious about the different medical needs our clients may have regarding this virus. Please let us know how we can help you feel safe while visiting us.
- We have resumed face-to-face consults with the pet owner. Masks are at your discretion. If you prefer, we offer "Drop Off" type visits.
- Please let the receptionist know which type of visit you will have. For "in-clinic" visits, just come on into our lobby. For "drop off" type visits, please call our office when you arrive. We will then pick up your pet and bring him /her inside.
- Please keep your phone on and available for us to call you to consult with your over the phone.
- For "drop off" visits, we will collect payment from you using the "WESTBIRD APP" (for Credit card charges) or can send you a link to your phone for payment using your credit card. You may also pay by cash or check from your car window if you prefer. Please let the receptionist know your payment type so that change and your receipt may be provided.
Of course (as most of us are doing):
- We are sanitizing and disinfecting surfaces and equipment more frequently than usual, & washing our hands frequently
- At this time, masks are at your discretion.
We hope all of you and yours stay safe, and as always, thank you for letting us care for your pet family.
Dr. Martinez, Dr. Smith and your veterinary care staff