Welcome to Westbird Animal Hospital Your Veterinarian in Miami, Florida
We will be open, during this COVID-19 Alert, for reduced hours. We will be closed on Wednesdays, Saturday and Sunday. Please give us a call. However, we will be closed on Good Friday, April 10, 2020 but will re-Open on Saturday, April 11, 2020
Westbird Animal Hospital in Miami, FL is an AAHA Accredited Hospital that offers complete service to companion animals. It is our mission to provide quality veterinary care throughout the life of your pet. Our services and facilities are designed to assist in routine preventive care for young, healthy pets; early detection and treatment of disease as your pet ages; and complete medical and surgical care, as necessary, during his or her lifetime.
We understand the special role your pet plays in your family and we are committed to becoming your partner in your pet's health care. We treat your pet as we would our own, like family. Our goal is to practice the highest quality medicine and surgery with compassion and an emphasis on client education. Our entire healthcare team is committed to providing personal attention to the unique concerns of each individual pet owner.
On our site, you will find information about our practice philosophy, our services, helpful forms to assist you and an extensive Pet Medical Library for you to search for additional pet health care information.
Thank you for taking the time to read about our veterinary practice and the services we offer. We welcome your comments and suggestions.
Please contact us for all your pet health care needs.
Dr. Lisardo Martinez, Jr. Miami, Veterinarian | Westbird Animal Hospital | 305-221-3105
11439 SW 40 Street Miami, Fl 33165
OUR ONLINE STORE IS A GREAT WAY TO ORDER YOUR PETS PRESCRIPTIONS AND SUPPLIES, TO BE DELIVERED DIRECTLY TO YOUR HOME, DURING THIS COVID-19 ALERT
Update regarding Coronavirus (COVID‑19) and how it affects Westbird Animal Hospital
Pets are family. Even during a crisis, some may require medical care that simply cannot wait.
At this time, we feel confident in operating as usual, with the following modifications to minimize personal contact & protect both our and YOUR employees:
To minimize personal contact, our procedures have temporarily changed:
- We will temporarily discontinue face-to-face consults with the pet owner. If we DO need to speak to the pet owner, we will call them via phone.
- Please check in with us by calling our office when you arrive at our front door. We will then pick up your pet and bring him /her inside.
- Please keep your phone on and available for us to call you to consult with your over the phone.
- We will collect payment from you using the "Square" App (for Credit card charges) at your car window. You may also pay by cash or check from your car window if you prefer. Please let the receptionist know your payment type so that change and your receipt may be provided.
Of course (as most of us are doing):
- We are sanitizing and disinfecting surfaces and equipment more frequently than usual, & washing our hands frequently
- We will be following the usual social distancing procedures (6 foot personal space other than the moment of pet’s handoff of course)—and no hand-shaking. We may continue to shake the patient's paws—no offense to humans.
We hope all of you and yours stay safe, and as always, thank you for letting us care for your pet family.
Dr. Martinez and your veterinary care staff